Roon quickly skipping through songs, not playing

Hey @Vincent_Kennedy,

Thanks for letting me know and glad to hear the issue is mostly resolved. By timestamps I meant the local time in your country (ex. 7:04PM). If this issue pops up again please let me know that info but hopefully everything is smooth sailing after making those router changes :slight_smile:

– Noris

To be clear, I’ve made no changes that are left enabled. I reversed the one and only change I made blocking LAN to WAN Multicast because it broke control of our lighting controls.

I have gone one or two days where the issue was not observed. Since this is just one day without issues, I really can’t declare resolved or mostly resolved. Intermittent issues are always painful to troubleshoot. Do you still have logging enabled?

Thanks,
Vince

Hello @Vincent_Kennedy,

Yes, logging is still enabled.
If the issue occurs again just let us know and we can cross reference timestamps.

Thanks,
Noris

How do I know the timestamp? There’s no evidence in the history of songs being skipped? Since I am running a constant stream, it could fail any time of day.

Thanks again for all of your support,
Vince

@Vincent_Kennedy -

By timestamps I mean the exact date & local time in your country (ex. 7:04PM) that you next experience the issue. For example you would say: “Today Jan 4th at 10:53AM EST Roon skipped from track X to track Y”

Thanks,
Noris

Hi - it started skipping at 8:08 PM Pacific. I was attempting to play The Rolling Stones Made in the Shade via Tidal. I rebooted the ROCK and was then immediately able to play the entire album. After the album finished the Radio kicked in and it has been streaming fine so far.

Thanks,
Vince

It started skipping at 12:27 PM Pacific. This time it started right away. I started to stream from Tidal and it started skipping immediately.

This time instead of restarting the ROCK, I turned the Mytek Liberty on/off. As soon as I did that I was able to immediately start streaming.

Thoughts?

Hello @Vincent_Kennedy,

Thanks for letting me know the timestamps. I am taking a look at your logs and am noticing some strange traces regarding your Liberty DAC, can you please confirm that are you using the newest firmware version on it?

Thanks,
Noris

Yes, it is running v1.31 which is the most current firmware posted on Mytek’s support site.

Hi @noris - I was just alerted by another Roon Member of the following thread:

Is this pertinent to my issue?

Thanks,
Vince

Hello @Vincent_Kennedy,

The reports from that thread have all indicated a static at the end or beginning of the track when switching sample rates. Your report is the a new type of failure and while I can’t say for sure if they’re related, I have gone ahead and asked the hardware team to perform some testing on the Liberty DAC that we have in our lab. I will be sure to let you know once the hardware team has taken a look and will keep you updated on our findings.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

My DAC would hang with this issue I never got static just the DAC would loose lock and never get it back. Only a reboot of DAC and endpoint would revive it. Others using the same Sony DAC have had this issue so its likely to be related.

Hi @CrystalGipsy - which Sony DAC do you have?

Thanks,
Vince

@noris Hi - It happened again at 5:07 PM Pacific today, 1/8/2018. While the skipping occurred I was also streaming to a Dell XPS13 feeding a Chord Mojo. That stream was unaffected.

Cheers,
Vince

I don’t I had an Arcam irDac ii which this happened on. It used the XMOS chipset. I was the one to post the thread about the issues with XMOS and Roon as I saw a pattern in the number of tickets relating to the same thing and noticed they all had the same XMOS usb chipset. Your Sony being one of them. Some report static others it crashes DAC and get no signal but Roon keeps playing. All amounts to the same issue.

Change your DAC to either upsample using Roons.DSP to one high rate or limit it to 16bit only and your likely to run fine. It’s the changing bit depth that causes the problem especially when the sample rate is the same so switching from 44.1/16 to 44.1/24.

A post was split to a new topic: Lyngdorf TDAI 3400 - Issue when switching tracks

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Skips Songs - Windows

This topic was automatically closed after 22 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.