Roon quit and not show cover album

I have Mac mini and use Roon with my hard disk + Tidal and use iPad as remote. I updated all device and OS in all devices.

My problem is Roon always quit, when I wipe iPad to select album, I wipe not more than 9 or 10 times then Roon always quit suddenly, and I must restart Roon again.

Sometime Roon not show the cover from Tidal and also from album in my hard disk too. I must quit Roon with myself and restart it then I can see all covers again.

Please advice how to solve this problems

Thanks

Hi @Munkong_Gadget ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us.

Moving forward, can you please provide me with the following:

• The specs of both the MacMini hosting your Roon core and the iPad remote you are using for control.

• When you notice this behavior, is the core machine closing OR is it just the remote application closing, on the iPad?

• When you mention, albums from your “hard disk”, my assumption is that this is an external HD that you are mounting directly to the mini. Please confirm.

-Eric

Hello,

This is my equipment

• Mac mini icore7 3.0GHz SD ram 16GB flash storage 256GB, iPad Gen2
  • Core machine not closing but remote on iPad is closed. and now still not show cover (if I restart roon on ipad, cover will show again)
  • I use Mac mini and roon integrated with Tidal and use it with external HD, it is external HD mounting direct to Mac mini

if you want more information please feel free to ask me :smiley:

Hi @Munkong_Gadget ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback, both are appreciated!

I would like to grab some remote logs from the iPad to see if we can identify what is causing this behavior to occur, but first can you confirm for me if you have tried reinstalling the application (on the iPad)?

-Eric

Yes, I confirm about reinstall roon application on ipad 2, i just try again in morning, it seem to Roon is better than before reinstall.

But still have same problem it quit! but less than before install new Roon, about cover is show better too, but sometime show sometime not show

I will help you check too :smiley:

Thank you for the insight, @Munkong_Gadget!

I am going to be sending you further instructions momentarily, via PM, on how to send remote logs from the iPad.

-Eric

I fill support ID on my iPad and sent to you now :smiley:
and now my Roon still quit as the same

Appreciate the follow up, @Munkong_Gadget! Confirming that the support package has been received and is in our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech staff.

Once my report has been updated and passed back, I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts/findings with you asap. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

-Eric

Hi @Munkong_Gadget ---- Thank you for your patience while our techs have been evaluating the traces found in the supplied logs.

Moving forward, the team is trying to understand what could be triggering this crashing behavior as we are not seeing any definitive “cause” in the logs. In light of this, our techs have asked me to have you provide them with the following information:

1. Please verify how much free space is on the iPad.

2. What values are set on the iPad in regard to memory usage for photos/Artwork ?
    (Path: Settings - > Setup)

3. In regard to your cover art not showing, if you perform the following, do you still make the same observation? Please see below:

• Temporarily disable TIDAL (in Roon) via the core machine.
  • Remove the application from the iPad and reinstall.

-Eric

Yes, I will cooperate with your team!

1. My iPad2 is Used : 6.93 GB, Available : 21.34 GB

2. I always set with highest = 2084MB

3. Now I disable Tidal in Roon via core machine and can I enable it again?
    and I remove Roon in iPad and already reinstall again

will test and report you again :smiley:

Thank You
Munkong

Hi @Munkong_Gadget ---- Thank you for touching with me and apologies for any confusion in my instructions. Please allow me to clarify.

1. In regard to your cover art not showing, if you perform the following, do you still make the same observation? Please see below:

- Temporarily disable TIDAL (in Roon) via the core machine.

• Remove the application from the iPad and reinstall.

What I a referencing in the above bullets point is to merely log out of TIDAL via Roon on your core machine, reinstall the application on the iPad, and THEN sign back into TIDAL again via the core machine.

-Eric

Hello Eric,

Now I do everything with your advice.
Will try and keep eye on.
If I see any problem will let you know again

Munkong

1 Like