Roon quit working - Issue Loading Library

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Roon quit working with a message that came up saying “There was an issue loading your Library” and there is no way to get the Roon app to open to access anything. I tried to reboot my iMac and redownloaded the Roon app but nothing changed. My music is stored on an Synology DS418j and last week I replaced the 2nd drive on it that went bad. I downloaded another Roon app and opened it and signed into Tidal and could not get Tidal to show up after I logged in and was not able to figure out how to reconnect to the Synology to access my music and playlists.

I have an 2017 iMac 3.8 GHz Quad - core Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 GHz, Ventura 13.1
Netgear GS608 switch,Apple Time Capsule, Extreme and air port express and an 4 bay 8TB Synology DS418j NAS all connected by Cat 5E and Cat 6 ethernet.
My library on the Synology contains about 25,00 songs and when using Roon i stream Tidal.
I have an NAD C658 DAC. NAD processor and a Sony Bravia TV

Roon shows the music path won’t download the music folders so nothing is shown in albums, library or playlists or Tidal and also doesn’t show the auto devices.