Roon Radio/Artists don't play

I have this same exact issue. Core is on a Windows i5-4590, but have tried running it directly on my Windows i7-8770. Both computers are hardwired into the router. Happens on other computers as well as the mobile app. Both with Tidal/qobuz. I have restarted everything, logged in and out of everything. I tried just Tidal, just qobuz, both. Exact same error message and behavior on all of my computers regardless of setup. All computers have Roon as an exception in Windows Firewall, DNS is 1.1.1.1

Hi Michael,

Each person needs to have their own support thread. Even if the symptoms are similar the causes and resolutions might be very different. So, I have moved your post to its own support thread.

One thing support will need is a description of how your network is setup as well as equipment name/model (especially router). Also a description of the issue for you, error message, does it happen immediately?, every single time?

Are you running any other programs, like VPNs, network sniffers, etc?

To test if the firewall is the issue, temporarily TURN IT OFF completely. And then see if the issue occurs.
RoonServer, RAATServer and RoonAppliance all need to be made exceptions in the firewalls.

Setup -

• Roon Server - Windows 10, i5-4590, ethernet to router
  • Roon client - Windows 10, i7-8770, ethernet to router, system output
  • Network - Netgear Orbi, both computers plugged into the same satellite. Netgear CM1000 modem, gigabit internet
  • Tidal and qobuz
  • No VPN/network software running on any computer
  • DNS set to 1.1.1.1
  • Windows Firewall, all applications marked as allow through firewall

Problem - Roon_2020-03-28_10-44-20

1. Clicking “Roon Radio” on any song, genre, or artist results in "Unexpected Error: Limiting Roon Radio to library
  2. On an artists page, clicking play results in Roon_2020-03-28_10-45-38 “Roon Radio: Nothing Similar to Play!” Playback immediately stops after hitting play, Hitting play resumes that song, but hitting next no next song plays.

Note: all issues happen with all zones from all clients every time.

Solutions tried -

1. Logging out/in of Tidal/qobuz
  2. Restarting all computers involved.
  3. Trying just Tidal, just qobuz
  4. Reinstalling all servers/clients
  5. Changing the core to Computer 2, and playing from the same computer.
  6. Restarting the router/modem
  7. Disabling Windows Firewall

Thanks

Hi @Michael_Rayner,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

I just reproduced the issue about 5 times at 11:59AM (today 3/29). Let me know what the next steps are, thanks.

Hi @Michael_Rayner,
We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.