Roon radio broken: playing the same few tracks over and over

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.14.4 - Roon 1.6 Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus RT-AC1200G+ ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Teac Ai-503 via USB

Description Of Issue

Roon radio is broken: it plays always the same tracks over and over. I made a video of it:

Could you please help, @support

You seem to be Shuffling focused Tracks. Roon Radio is not available in this situation. You can see Shuffle in the area on the right of the Queue screen.

You can play one song from your focused Track list, which will clear the queue and Roon Radio will start after its played. However, it will not use just the focused Tracks on the screen. It will use any similar track in your library or from a streaming service, assuming you subscribe.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Greg

Thanks for your message.

Yes I do, this how I use Roon: I created a Bookmark “remaining song” as I want to listen to songs I’ve never played before. But I don’t have a streaming service, I just use Roon Radio with my own library. I am not interested by streaming services.

It used to work correctly I had a lot of different artists but now it is only the same 5/10 tracks over and over. This happened before updating Roon.

Why would Roon Radio not be available in Focus track?

Alternatively, what should I do to play Focus track on shuffle?
Because when I click Bookmark > shuffle only the same tracks are popping up.

Interesting. I tried to Shuffle something similar to you and it seems to work for me.

Could you try and restart your Roon Core app?

Cheers, Greg

I restart every day and I also deleted the bookmark and recreated it. Still the issue is there.

Ok, I’ll tag @support and have them look into it.

Cheers, Greg

Hi @Gigatoaster,

Just to verify here, for the tracks that appear in the queue, are there duplicates of these tracks in the Focus selection or do they only appear once?

These are not duplicate tracks. It is very weird because on the bookmark “TOP 50” I created, I have a lot of randomness in Roon Radio. However on the other bookmark “remaining songs”, now it is even worst: it is only showing 2 songs. And now only one…

Thanks for confirming that, @Gigatoaster.

Moving forward, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account. First, I was hoping you could reproduce this behavior and provide the following:

• The time that you start the shuffle, including your timezone
  • An example of a track that appears multiple times, and how many times it appears
  • The total number of tracks you’ve clicked through

Respond here with that info and I’ll enable diagnostics.

Thanks!

• The time that you start the shuffle, including your timezone --> 7:23 AM SGT
  • An example of a track that appears multiple times, and how many times it appears --> Brennan Heart, Goa Culture 26
  • The total number of tracks you’ve clicked through: 20

So the behavior changed slightly. I added 2 albums “Show your true colors” by Brennan Heart and Goa Culture 26.

I clicked 20 times and I just have tracks from these 2 artists. I used the same bookmark, which is “remaining songs” minus Dream Theater. There are 6 artists left but unfortunately Roon plays only these 2 artists. It reminds me of a previous issue I have with Roon: lack of randomness.

I deleted the queue at 7:29 AM SGT and used again my bookmark. This time I didn’t excluded Dream Theater. I have now in the queue Brennan Heart, Dream Theater & Goa Culture 26. But some albums like Star Wars Episode I, II & Westworld Season 2 soundtrack.

Maybe I hid these albums in the past but I don’t remember. Where in Settings can I see the list of hidden albums?

Hi @Gigatoaster,

How many tracks total were selected in that tag?

You can show hidden tracks by going to Settings |General

Ok thanks.

I believe these tracks are not hidden as they show up in the bookmark. I added more songs so now I have 427 tracks in the tag.

Thanks, @Gigatoaster.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Can you confirm what kind of Mac device you’re using here?

Hi @Gigatoaster,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

I’m sorry I haven’t played music for a while now as I am sick

No worries, @Gigatoaster. No rush on sending those over, I hope you feel better soon!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.