Roon Radio doesn't start AND is limited to library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

WIndows 10 x64 LTSC/ ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I System board with i7 8700, 16GB RAM; 500GB m.2 boot drive and 2TB m.2 data drive/Current Roon Build 1.6 build 416

**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear 8port GIgabit switch connected to Netgear Orbi Router connected to AT&T Router with Ethernet cables

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn DAC+

Description Of Issue

This is not a new issue - Roon Radio repeatedly fails to start and repeatedly says it is limited to library. Restarts don’t help. I can toggle the limited to library switch and it goes away and I can start Roon Radio manually but the issue occurs every time I use the system.

Seems to me there are many posts about this issue.

Hi @Robert_Broder,

Does this occur for every album you try to start Radio from?

Are you manually starting radio or letting the queue finish and Radio isn’t automatically starting?

It occurs no matter what has been playing before.

I am letting the queue finish and Radio does not start automatically. It also switches to ‘Limited to Library’ every time.

Hi @Robert_Broder,

If you navigate to an album (for this test, please choose a non-classical album) and choose Roon Radio directly, does the same behavior occur?

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio doesn’t start once the queue ends

The same behavior does not occur when I do the test as you suggested. It works as it should.

Thanks for confirming this, @Robert_Broder.

Moving forward, I’m hoping you can reproduce this issue once more and make a note of the following:

1. The content that was playing before the queue ended
  2. What time the queue ends
  3. What time you see the error appear

Respond here with the information above (including your timezone) and we will enable diagnostics on your account so our technical team can take a closer look.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.