Roon radio dont work

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Asus G551j

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear router X4S Nighthawk

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn AEDSM

Description Of Issue
When I’m playing a song and starting the Roon radio the new song sounding for a second or two and then crashes. I get the message "Roon Radio : Nothing similar to play".

I have tried to log out and in and restarted the router, Tidal, Asus, Linn. I have tried everything and nothing helps. I have also turned of the firewalls etc, etc.

The Roon Radio seems to work when the song is finished, then a Roon radio starting to play.

Hi @Magnus_blom,

Does this same behavior occur when you try to output to any zone or does it only impact the Linn zone?

If you try to start Roon Radio on your Core’s “System Output” zone (the Core’s internal speakers), do you notice the same issue occurring?

Hi, the same problem occures when i try to do the same thing thru the Cores system output, in my case the Asus laptops speakers, it crashes after one ore two seconds.

Hi @Magnus_blom,

I spoke to QA regrading this behavior and we would like to take a look at the “live logs” when it occurs.

The window for us to access these live logs are a bit narrow, meaning it would be best to schedule a time that works for both of us and also when QA/the devs are also online (they operate in a different time-zone).

I will send you a private message with my proposed times and please just let me know which day/time works best for you. Thank you!

Today between 11AM - 4PM Eastern Daylight Time are perfect for me, I let you now the exact time on this tread and you will also get a pm.

1 Like

Saga. Worlds apart revisited. The Pitchman.

Toto. Isolation. Carmen

Hi @Magnus_blom,

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve enable diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should do is automatically upload a log set to our servers. Unfortunately though, I am not seeing this report come though, can I please ask that you use these instructions to manually submit a log package via Dropbox / Google Drive?

Neil Young. Harvest moon. Harvest moon.

Hi @Magnus_blom,

Thanks for the additional examples. It looks like the diagnostics report came through, you do not need to provide further examples for the time being. I am discussing the report with QA and if we need anything else, I will let you know.

Hi @Magnus_blom,

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

1 Like

Well, I had a trial for two weeks and I would like to try it again if its possible, before subscribeing.

1 Like

Hi @Magnus_blom,

I have followed up via private message.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.