Roon radio is broken

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Server (Linux) and Roon (Windows over WINE) on Arch Linux

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear router - on wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit Fulla 2 - USB

Description Of Issue

Roon Radio seems to not work. Whenever I manually trigger it or let it automatically start, it says “Unexpected Error: Limiting Roon Radio to Library” and “Roon Radio: Nothing Similar To Play!” My wifi works fine, and both Qobuz and Tidal work when playing specific tracks and albums. Roon Radio was working previously on the same exact setup.

Hi @Alan_Li,

Welcome to the forum. Can you please confirm if this same behavior occurs for a popular artist such as Miles Davis? Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core?

Hi @noris. The same behavior does happen for Miles Davis. I also rebooted my Core. Nothing changed.

Hi @Alan_Li,

Thanks for trying Miles Davis as well. I have gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a log set to our servers for analysis. I can confirm that the report has been received and I have passed it to QA for further investigation.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio Issues - No Luck

Hi @Alan_Li,

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

Yeah, It works now. Thanks for your support. Sadly my trial has ended and I will be moving to a free music player.

Hello @Alan_Li,

I understand that the your trial has been completed, but if the trial is the only issue preventing you from trying Roon again, we can certainly sort that out. Please just let me know if you are still interested in giving Roon another try and I can flag down our accounts team to “reset the clock” on the trial period for you so that you can have a proper Roon experience here. Just let me know when possible, thanks!

Hi noris,
That is the only thing preventing me from using Roon right now, but I think that I am fine using alternatives right now. Thanks for your offer.

Hi @Alan_Li,

I have just looped in the accounts team regarding your trial extension as I want to make sure you are able to properly evaluate Roon and compare it to the alternatives you have.

@accounts - Can you please “reset the clock” on @Alan_Li’s Roon trial since we resolved this issue on our end?

Hey @Alan_Li,

Thanks for taking us up on our offer. This is Rebeka with accounts and I’m stepping in at @noris’s request (by the way, thanks for flagging!) to let you know that I’ve just started a 14-day free trial on your account.

Happy listening,
Rebeka

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.