Roon radio keeps picking the same songs again and again

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini just updated to latest but it makes no difference

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

I have no network issues

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

no problem with devices, it is Roon software that is the problem

Description Of Issue

I posted a while back about this and someone suggested seeding with an artist instead of a song. Doesn’t matter… I seed with an artist and it will pick some of the same songs repeatedly, every hour or so. In my mind this makes it pretty much worthless for my use as I use it often for background music and getting the same songs over and over is very frustrating when the artists for those songs have recorded hundreds. I seed with Dave Alvin and get Guy Clark “Dublin Blues” over and over… Dave Alvin “1968” again and again… Jimmie Dale Gilmore “Mack the Knife” repeatedly… etc. I have tried other artists, songs, genres, and it does the same thing

Since all of these artists are prolific with hundreds of recordings it is very sad that the algorithm keeps picking the same few songs. As for the suggestion to hit thumbs up/down. I am not sitting at the computer so can’t keep running over to see what is coming. Roon needs to fix it or I will definitely be dropping out… too much to spend on software that has millions of songs and can’t figure out how to vary it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon Radio based on my artist or song… waay too repetitive