Roon radio limited to library again

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK 1.7 build 537 running on Intel NUC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ROCK through Sonore UPnP Bridge to Naim NDS. All devices hardwired ethernet (no wifi anywhere in the signal chain). Roon connected to library on Synology NAS and also logged into TIDAL. Eero mesh router.

Description Of Issue
I’m starting to sound like a broken record here. I just posted about this 6 days ago, and it was temporarily resolved, but the issue has returned. When trying to start a new Roon radio stream I get the error “Unexpected Error: Limiting Roon Radio to Library”. I have rebooted everything in my setup (streamer, NUC running ROCK, UPnP bridge, and my router). I just opened the Rolling Stones Roon page (I chose the Stones for two reasons: I don’t have any Stones in my ripped CD library so it can only play off of Tidal, and the Stones should have a ton of related tracks from which to create a radio station) but I get the error.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio limited to library on ROCK

Hello @Laertes,

Can you please confirm if this issue occurs across multiple zones and with multiple artist types?

If you try starting Rolling Stones Radio to your ROCK’s HDMI zone (even if there is nothing connected there), do you see any error messages?

What happens if you try starting Radio off of Miles Davis, does that have similar behavior?

The issue resolved itself very shortly after I wrote my original post, so I had no way to do further trouble shooting. I can say it was not limited to the Rolling Stones, as it happened on every band’s Roon radio I tried (all were in the rock genre; I didn’t try jazz or classical).

I’m not sure what you mean by multiple zones; assuming you mean listening zones within my house it doesn’t apply as I only have one endpoint.

Every time this has happened (now 4 times that I know of) it has resolved itself without me doing anything. Meaning after I do all of the rebooting to see if there is an issue on my end (which has never fixed it) it typically goes away after some period of time after I do the rebooting, anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

Hi @Laertes,

If this issue re-occurs, can you please note the exact local time + date the issue occurs on your end and let me know this here?

It happened to me 2 day ago, I try another zone problem too. Restart Roon server still the same, I try second song issue resolved itself.

Hi @Khang_Nguyen1,

Thanks for letting me know the issue resolved itself!
If it re-occurs please do let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.