Roon radio limited to library. Tracks also stopping randomly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK 1.7 build 537 running on Intel NUC

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ROCK through Sonore UPnP Bridge to Naim NDS. All devices hardwired ethernet (no wifi anywhere in the signal chain). Roon connected to library on Synology NAS and also logged into TIDAL. Eero mesh router.

Description Of Issue

I know there have been other threads with this issue in the past few days, but from reading through them it sounds like the devs thought it was affecting new users with only a few plays. I have 14k+ plays so I don’t think I’m a new user any more.

Earlier this morning, I tried to play Bright Eyes Roon radio. It worked for a bit, but then the music stopped. I rebooted everything (ROCK, Sonore UPnP bridge, Naim NDS renderer, and my Eero router. I then tried to restart the same Roon radio again, but this time it tells me I’m limited to my own library, and when I tried to play another Bright Eyes album it just “played” (no actual sound; the second counter just went up a couple of seconds) a track for about 3 seconds and then moved to the next track, and on an on. I then tried to run the Rolling Stones Roon radio, thinking it would have a larger database of matches, but the same error message occurs. I am able to play a Rolling Stones album without issue (currently playing Beggars Banquet via Tidal) but the Roon radio function won’t work. This all started about 9:30-10:00 Pacific time today.

Hello @Laertes, thanks for the details. I’d like you to reboot your core and see if this issue persists. We made some changes in this area recently and I’d like to see if that helped here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.