Roon Radio NOT Limiting to Library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK NUC on NUC8i3BEH / Roon Version 1.7 / Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear v7810 Ethernet | Orbi WiFi | ROCK and Pecan Pi Streaming devices on Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PecanPi on Ethernet.

Description Of Issue

Roon Radio is enabled but NOT limiting to library. It’s adding content from Tidal. The tracks that are added are not present in any way in my library. As you can see from the screenshot “Limit Roon Radio to Library is enabled”, and yet, tracks are in queue from Tidal.

What did you say @Marin_Weigel ?

I withdrew my comment, since I’d not properly realized the quote above.
I was going to say, that you likely had added those Tidal tracks to your library, so forget about that…

Just to be clear, Tidal albums you have added to your library will be included when you limit to library. Library does not mean local files only. It means anything that is in your library, local or streaming.

1 Like

Is there a way to delete tracks that have been added from Tidal, other than disconnecting Tidal?

Yes, right click, edit, delete.

Allow me to rephrase. Is there a way to find all tracks that are downloaded from Tidal and then delete them en masse?

Well, you can go to the tracks page or the album page, then click FOCUS, in the focus tool go all the way over to the right and choose the Format button, click Tidal. That should give you all the Tidal tracks in your library.

Then if you right click and select one track, in the upper left corner it will indicate Number of selected tracks as a drop down, use the drop down and select all. Once all have been selected then Edit and Delete. Keep in mind you can’t undo the process. Also, verify that you have not accidentally selected any other tracks because this process will delete local files if you include them.

2 Likes

Thank you @Rugby . I just disconnected and cleaned up the library and that seemed to delete all the Tidal tracks. And then I reconnected and now they are all downloading again. I just saw your explanation in the Roon knowledge base as well, your explanation seems a little more clear. I will do this next. Thank you.

Hi @Dameon_Jamie,

As others have mentioned, it is possible you had these tracks added to your Roon/TIDAL collection and that is why they were chosen.

If you still see this behavior after removing the TIDAL tracks from your library, please let me know and we can take a closer look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.