Roon Radio - "Nothing Playing" shown when end of possible picks is reached

Hi Noris,
Sorry about that. I thought I had replied, but I do not see it in the thread. This issue is with my Nucleus+. Please let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Hi @Terry_Deeb,

Thanks for confirming it was the Nucleus. That’s strange, I don’t see that your Nucleus has communicated with our diagnostics server recently. Can you please try rebooting it and then manually send me a copy of your Nucleus Roon logs by using these instructions?

Hi Noris,
Here is the Dropbox link to the logs. File is terry@deeb.com.zip

1 Like

Thanks for sending those over @Terry_Deeb, just wanted to let you know I have informed QA and am awaiting their feedback.

Another occurrence 7/3 1:26pm EDT Roon stopped after the song Glorious by James Morrison, playing Roon Radio on Artist Gavin DeGraw with the message “Nothing Playing”. Is there any feedback from QA on this? We have been working on this issue since Feb 3.

1 Like

Hi @Terry_Deeb,

Thanks for the new timestamps. I spoke to QA regarding your case and it appears that playback is ending as expected during those timestamps, there isn’t any abnormal activity as far as we can tell.

How long were you playing this artist radio for, was it more than a few hours? I wonder if you have been running Roon Radio for such an extended amount of time that it went through all of the possible picks for this particular artist?

Hi @Terry_Deeb,

Thanks again for your report. We’ve been attempting to reproduce the issue using the artist you picked and I wanted to touch base with some good news, we’ve managed to reproduce the issue in the QA lab! What is happening here is what I described in my previous message:

Once this end of possible picks reached, radio stops and the “Nothing Playing” error appears, which we do agree is a bit unclear. We’ve gone ahead and filed a ticket with the dev team to improve our in-app messaging when this situation occurs, thanks again for letting us know!

Hi @noris
I did not realize that the Roon Radio algorithm had an end point. I will make note of that for future use. Thank you for your research.

On another note, I have another issue that I have posted several times with no response. Will you please have someone take a look at it? The subject is: Artist Pictures not changing between songs on Chromecast Displays.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.