Roon Radio: Nothing similar to play! Need help

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Roon Version 1.7 (build 528) stable (64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet - Cisco gigabit switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Creative Soundblaster X-fi

Description Of Issue

I’m in my free trial period, and also have free trials for Qobuz and Tidal. Both services play music just fine. The issue is only with Roon Radio. Radio will start playing, saying ‘Started Roon Radio’, and about one second of the song is heard. Then the song stops playing, with the message ‘Roon Radio: Nothing Similar To Play’. Selecting Roon Radio again will select a different song from the chosen artist, with the same result of playing for one second before stopping with said message. Tried with Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album, both on Qobuz and Tidal. Services are registered successfully, and can search and play all songs. Limit Roon Radio to Library setting is deselected.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio Issue on MacOS

Hi @Rob_van_Berkel,

Is the behavior the same if you try outputting to the “System Output” zone?
What kind of router do you have? I see you mentioned the switch but not the router model.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t start Roon Radio off Beatles

Somehow it started working properly. I made no changes to my setup. Hope it doesn’t stop working.

Hi @Rob_van_Berkel,

Thanks for the update here! If you experience any further issues do feel free to let us know and we can take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.