Roon Radio: Nothing Similar To Play!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 desktop PC.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
For the past few weeks I’ve had an issue when selecting Roon Radio, but work has stopped me from caring too much as I’ve had barely any time to use Roon anyway!

Whenever I select Roon Radio, after a second or two this message appears and the music will stop:

If I then hit the skip button to move to the next track this appears:

It was fine a few weeks back and the main feature which drew me to using Roon was this. I have tried completely reinstalling the software to no avail.

Please help.

Hi @Scrum92,

Can you please provide some more details regarding your network setup? What model/manufacturer of router are you using? Is the Core connected via WiFi or Ethernet to the router?

Does this behavior impact multiple audio zones or just one in particular? If you try to start Roon Radio off of a very popular artist such as Miles Davis, does that work?

Hi,

I am from England and using the ISP provided router. It’s a Sky Q router. Sky being the ISP. I did some brief browsing of this forum and similar issues and changed my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 to no avail for the record.My computer is connected directly to one of the router’s two ports. It had previously worked flawlessly (early Feb/Jan definitely).

I only have one zone I think. You’ll have to forgive me for my Roon knowledge is quite limited. Roon is just an audio player on my desktop PC for me, though I do occasionally control it from the mobile app. The only reason I use it over Audirvana (which I also bought) is Roon Radio - I love(d) that feature.

Exactly the same issue on Miles Davis.

Hi @Scrum92

I spoke to QA regrading this behavior and we would like to take a look at the “live logs” when it occurs.

The window for us to access these live logs are a bit narrow, meaning it would be best to schedule a time that works for both of us and also when QA/the devs are also online (they operate in a different time-zone).

I will send you a private message with my proposed times and please just let me know which day/time works best for you. Thank you!

Hi @Scrum92,

We’ve made an update to our servers that we believe will help improve this. Can you give this another try and let us know if things are working for you now?

Your patience as we’ve looked into this has been greatly appreciated — Thanks!

The Roon Support Team

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.