Windows 11, i7, 16GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Combination of fixed ethernet and Google nest Wifi. Netgear GS108 switch

Connected Audio Devices

Buchhardt A500

Number of Tracks in Library

180k plus

Description of Issue

I accidently left roon radio on overnight. With a Classical contemporary Chamber seed roon seemed to mostly maintain the mood for over 7 hours with no repetitions. What I usually find jarring is if I have been listening to a particular period, post-romantic and modern for example, and then roon decides to play a completely different period, Renaissance or Baroque for example. Also if I have been listening to small forces Chamber and Vocal music and then roon decides to play large forces Symphonic or Opera. But in this case roon maintained the mood for over 7 hours with no repetitions. I hadn’t seen that before. Usually the repetitions kick in after about 2 hours. I am impressed, I will experiment more. But . . .

All tracks were from my local library, over 7 hours. None from Qobuz. I do not have local only radio set. Why is that?

Like several other posters I am also experiencing an intermittent failure of radio to auto-start after the last song playing. Not in this case, obviously, so it is unpredictable. What I notice is that roon has 30 seconds at the end of the last track to find something but it doesn’t always succeed in time. It continues searching and does eventually find something but by then the “nothing playing” flag has been set and radio will not start.

Hey @Tony_Casey,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with Roon Radio. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know. We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.