Roon Radio repeats, this has been an issue for a LONG time [Ticket In]

just sayin’… as someone who can only judge Roon by results, if something has been an ongoing issue for over 5 years it is hard to believe it is actively being addressed.

I was wondering if folks who experience this issue have multiple streaming endpoints and regularly transfer what’s playing on one endpoint/room to a different endpoint/room. I have several Node 2i and a CXNv2 and I do this often. I’m not sure if that’s a potential factor causing Roon Radio to get stuck, but I thought I’d put it out there. I regularly play music for hours or initiate a new Roon Radio on different endpoints but Roon Radio still unfolds like looped playlists rather than unique and random tracks.

This happens on one endpoint only for me-my CXN V2, have never really given Roon the opportunity in my other endpoints (2x Logitech Squeezebox Duets) though, to be fair.

1 Like

just checking in

still the same

unbelievable people who can write a program like Roon can’t figure out how to keep it from repeating the same songs over and over and over

1 Like

Same here. Roon Radio was really a selling point for me when I subscribed. It’s frustrating that it’s so redundant and more like a playlist than a radio. I have taken to using Tidal radio, converting their queue to a playlist, and playing it through Roon, but that’s not a great option.

Roon support, can you provide more detail regarding your plans for Roon Radio and what’s in the works to make it better? Roon has so many wonderful features, and it’s really confusing that this aspect of the service is so limited in its utility.

1 Like

For anyone monitoring this thread, I saw this in another thread:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.