Roon radio skipping tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu PC, i3 3.4GHz, latest Roon build (updated last week)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear GB 16 port switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Google Chromecast 3rd gen connected via HDMI and using ethernet adapter, various Rpi endpoints running RopieeeXL also connected via ethernet. Control via 7th gen. ipad.

Description Of Issue

When playing Roon radio and using the chromecast as a display, either standalone or using another endpoint, instead of transitioning to the next track in the queue, it will sometimes skip several tracks until it finally decides to stop and play. You can see the album covers flashing by while it is doing this. Sometimes it takes up to a minute until it finally stops. It doesn’t happen all the time, maybe 30% of the time or so. This only happens with the chromecast display, not when playing to an endpoint without a display.

Thanks for the report, @Paul_Caber!

If you play non-Radio content (just an album or playlist) does the same behavior occur? Or is it limited only to Radio?

It seems to be limited to radio, at least I have never seen this while playing albums.

Hi @Paul_Caber,

Can I please ask that you reproduce this behavior and let us know the exact local time + date + track you notice this issue occur at? Once we have this info, I’d like to enable diagnostics mode for your Core, thanks!

I will do this tonight when I get home.

1 Like

OK, it happened at 5:09pm local time Feb 24th while streaming to the Chromecast. It was playing Elton John “Sixty Years On”, was going to play a Van Morrison song (didn’t catch the name), skipped 2 or 3 tracks, and finally started playing America “Till The Sun Comes Up Again”. Thanks for the help. FYI - These were Qobuz tracks if that matters, not from my library.

1 Like

Hi @Paul_Caber,

Thanks for letting me know that timestamp, I can confirm that logs have been received and I have located the timestamp you mentioned and have created a case file for you. I have requested QA look over your case and as soon as I have further feedback from them I will be sure to update you accordingly, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.