Roon Radio stops when Qobuz account enabled

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC with Win 10 and Roon Server. Firewall and Virus scanner turned off.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys WRT1900AC router >> wire >> Netgear switch >> wires to Core and Endpoint.

**Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type -

Endpoint is iFi Bridge software on the Core machine, which streams UPNP to a Naim streamer.

Description Of Issue

Roon Radio stops when I enable my Qobuz account. It stops at the end of a track, showing the message about the next track, but never starting it. No error messages.

Roon Radio works fine if I disable my Qobuz account.

Also, I can play selected albums or playlists from Qobuz without any problem.

If you play to the W10 pc instead of the naim does it do the same thing?

Thanks for the idea. My core does not have any output devices (all turned off in the bios). I’m streaming to my tablet now. Will let you know whether the problem occurs.

Just helps support narrow down the options.

Started a shuffle play of my library (1400 local albums + 400 on Qobuz) on the core (>iFi Bridge>Naim, all wired) and on the tablet (via wifi), at 13:30. When I checked after 3 hrs, the shuffle play on the core had stopped as described above, and that on the tablet was still running. I then transferred the shuffle play from the core to the tablet, where it ran…

I just realized that the shuffle play of the library stopped, not Roon Radio. So, a shuffle play of my library wirh Qobuz albums stops, a shuffle play of local albums only works.

Problem solved: the fault was in iFi Bridge, not in Roon or Qobuz.

By default, iFi Bridge resamples all hires material to 44.1 or 48 kHz. Since my dac can handle high res files, I had increased the limit to 192 kHz in the iFi Bridge settings. The software then plays high res files fine, but stops when it encounters a 44.1 kHz file next. I have now set the limit in iFi Bridge at 96 kHz and now it plays everything, in any order.

1 Like

Hello @Arjen_Rinzema, glad things are working again! Please let us know if you require further help in the future.

Thanks. The problem was that I have no local 192 kHz files, I only use these from Qobuz. That’s why disconnecting Qobuz worked.

The iFi Bridge software works flawlessly now that I have reduced the maximum sample rate to 96 kHz, and it sound good.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.