Roon-Ready amp recommendations

What I meant was if you use a pi DAC hat with a separate amp (with a line input from the DAC and speaker outputs), you cant control the volume of the amp from Roon.

I guess you could turn the volume knob up to say 11 and leave it there and then use the DAC volume control via Roon

I thought you could, at least with RoPieee and some DAC HATs. The HiFiBerry DAC2, for instance. Is that wrong?

This should be OK for your usage.

2 Likes

+1 for the Bluesound PowerNode. I’ve been running one to my screen porch speakers for 4 years. It runs flawlessly and I use ROON for volume control and DSP.

They can be found used or refurbished to save some $ - if that’s a factor. Mine is the original square tissue box style and it still gets updates regularly. Just wish I could think of an excuse to put another one in the garage!

1 Like

I have the bigger Arcam SA30, and the sound is really good and Roon works very well. A lot of firmware issues for early user’s but all good now. Just check on the forums that the baby Arcam doesn’t suffer from the same issues.

Also owned a Bluesound powernode and having two of those would also work well as suggested earlier, especially if for outside where it is not critical listening.

Thank you… I’ll also look at the BlueSound PowerNode.

1 Like