Roon Ready audio device disappears

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is: Windows 10 on Intel Core i7 laptop

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Network is: Arris dual-band wi-fi router; Roon Core is connected via strong 2.4 wifi signal

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W Formation Duo

Description Of Issue

Formation Duo was recognized and working as a Zone until 2 days ago, then it disappeared and is no longer discoverable. Now the only way I see the Duos is “via Airplay”, which I understand is not hi-rez compatible. Am using Roon with Qobuz as my source. My Roon remotes also no longer recognize the Duos as a valid audio device. No explanation as to why the Duo Zone disappeared.

UPDATE:

After restarting the Formation Duos, they appeared as audio devices in Roon for about 5 seconds, then disappeared again. Strange.

UPDATE:

A second restart of the Duos and relinking them to the B&W app brought everything back online in a Roon Ready zone. Again, not sure why the original problem occurred but I’m happy everything is back and working now. Will add to this post if problem recurs.

2 Likes

Hi @Douglas_Lawson,

Is there any change if you temporarily disable any firewall on the Core machine?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.