Roon Ready for iPadOS

I’m trying to decide on the device I want for Roon remote control in the Living Room. While comparing Tablets and IPADs I founds some information on IPAD getting upgraded to a new OS, IPADOS.

I’m asking here if Roon has already tested their software on an IPADOS platform? I’m leaning towards the IPAD Pro 12.9 for control and need to verify the os update will not cause issues when it is released later this month.

I’ve been using it with iPadOS 13 beta on a 12.9" for a while now. Very stable, even more so than with iOS 12 versions on my phone. Don’t take my word for it and upgrade early but I think you’ll be ok on release day. TvOS beta and AirPlay is a different story though - not working, and some niggles with MacOS beta as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, that is good news. Can you tell me how many albums are displayed on that 12.9 screen when viewing your library?

4 rows by 8 columns of covers.

That is also good news. Currently using my wife’s IPAD Pro 9.7, older version, and only getting 2 rows of 4. Sounds like the 12.9 size screen will work very well. Thanks for the Info…

Hi Mike,

Make sure you set Allow for More Covers and Photos to Yes in Settings > General. That should give you 3 rows of 7.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Thanks Greg, that worked out nicely. Maybe I can get by with the 11 inch version. I want it mounted on a Thought Out iPad POS Security Stand - EnCloz X so no one will want to sit down and start messing with it.

1 Like