Roon Ready playback on T+A devices after 1.7 update [New firmware currently in beta]

There’s a problem with network connectivity to T+A devices, roon are looking into it.

A firmware upgrade on my T+A MP 2500R did the trick. Apparently I was one firmware update short …

Update: while it now finds my streamer again, music won’t play …

I think that is the symptom that others are seeing.
@support would be good to group the various threads together.

Thanks, I updated the problem accordingly; didn’t find other T+A problems … my bad

I send an email to roon support and all they have to say is - be patient!
That is very unprofessional. They shoud not email us to perform an update with a serious flaw. The problem is with roon not with T+A.
Best regards.

I presume that they didn’t know there was a problem until the update hit the whole user base and it’s associated equipment.

in this way we became a beta tester and we still pay for it. -)

Hi everyone — You have our apologies for the trouble here. As noted above, the team has confirmed the issue and we are working with T+A to get this resolved. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated as soon as we have more information.

We appreciate your patience here, and you have our apologies once more for the trouble.

1.7 update. The MP2500R will no longer play ROON . It plays everything else including internet radio stations but no ROON.

I have 2 more devices in the home that play ROON and the operate correctly . The MP 2500 software is up to date. ROON sees the MP2500R and when I push play it says 20 tracks playing but nothing loads to the queue . I have done multiple reboots on both the ROON Nucleus and the T+A

There’s a problem with that manufacturer and 1.7 roon are working on it. Apparently, if capable, players work with USB but not network connection.

Thank you , I was afraid I might be the only one

1 Like

And this thread too @dylan

1 Like

Goor Morning…i have exactly the same Problem, just one additional information: if i switch to Roon, the screen on my MP 3100 is getting dark.

Thanks

Sadly I see the same Detlef, after trying to stream from roon to the MP 3100, initially the screen looks ok, but when I switch source on the MP 3100 the screen goes dark/blank and until I hard reset with a power off/on.

Roon have properly mucked up with the 1.7 release it seems for many roon ready devices.
Fingers crossed they can fix things quickly.

Dear All,
we at T+A are working together with roon to find the cause for this problem.
I will post here as soon as we have any news.

Sorry for any inconveniences,
L.

1 Like

The cause for the problem is found. We are preparing firmware updates for all roon certified T+A devices.

I will post here further information when the updates become available - should be not later than tomorrow.

L.

5 Likes

Thanks for the great news @Larry_HV . Is there a way you can sign up for beta testing new Roon releases moving forward? I guess it won’t prohibit minor issues slipping, but those as fundamental as the one at hand would be important to avoid.

Ingo

I’m not a T+A customer but appreciate seeing vendors here in the support area making things right. I have auditioned a T&A product however and was impressed with it but at the time I don’t think full support was available on other than Windows platforms. Glad to see there is progress in this regard.

Allow me a comment: Roon should look to the quality standards of T+A. In my case, I purchase a Roon license because I trust T+A, not Roon. T+A is an example of sound, competent, serious engineering that respects users: their devices always meet without fail everything they say in their data sheets. Roon seems to consider all users as bunch of kids always available to arm themselves as beta testers of their application. So allow me a suggestion: roon should show more respect for T+A device owners because they know the quality and reliability of T+A devices.

@Jose_Almeida_Ribeiro, I’m a T+A customer and appreciate their products, but the fact that T+A will release a firmware upgrade suggests that in this case the problem was with T+A and not Roon. I very much appreciate the combination of the superb Roon-based user experience paired with the sophistication of the T+A products in combination. Indeed, I became addicted by this combination, therefore it’s painful missing it. And other than you I’m not blaming either of them specifically, but I would certainly hope there is something like a beta release by Roon for the device manufacturers to validate with and I would hope those apply at least basic regression tests during such pre-release cycle. This bug certainly was one that should have been caught upfront, not requiring elaborate test cases. Your mileage may vary, though …