Roon Ready playback on T+A devices after 1.7 update [New firmware currently in beta]

Dear Dave,
thank you for your feedback.
Our software consists of several parts. If the update process detects that some parts of the firmware are already up to date the update for these parts is skipped and the update jumps to the update of the next part - so what you see is not necessarily wrong.
Could you please start the update several more times ?

It could of course also be that there is a problem with the new MP3100HV firmware - I have not seen a report on a successful MP3100HV update hereā€¦
I am currently ā€œon the roadā€ but as soon as possible I will check the MP3100HV updateā€¦

Best,
L.

1 Like

ā€¦ thank you - much appreciated. :guitar: :beer:
L.

1 Like

Dear Larry.
Thank you for your reply.
I have nothing but respect for your work.
As I mentioned earlier, I got Roon because I trust T+A, not Roon.
Indeed, the MP3100HV ā€˜acceptsā€™ the update but the client version remains unchanged.
As you probably know T+A users are accustomed to a flawless, high-level operation.
Nothing similar with Roon. So, if Roon cannot do the walk they should not do the talk ā€¦ because we pay a lot for a service we donā€™t get.
Best regards and have nice weekend.
jar

Hi, Larry,
in my opinion ROON is nothing without support the certified ROON device such as my MP2000R MKII from T+A. What I donā€™t understand is that T+A was surprised by the error. This indicates that T+A was just as surprised by the new release as I was as a customer.
Thatā€™s why I wonder why ROON doesnā€™t include the manufacturers in the release tests that they can test their software/products according to their quality requirements. The process seems to be in need of improvementā€¦ but since ROON earns money with the support of their software, I think ROON LABS is in debt hereā€¦ So thanks again for the fix in the sense of T+Aā€™s customer.

1 Like

Dear All,

I updated R 1000 E with success through web beta. All working fine again. Thanks for your quick reaction.

I have just checked the update for MP3100HV and can confirm that the update for this device is not doing what it should - my appologies for this.

We will try to correct this problem - I will give further notice when the MP3100HV update is working.

Best regards,
L.

1 Like

The Update for MP3100HV should now work.
All users of MP3100HV who had no luck with the update, please try again.

Sorry for the inconveniance,
L.

4 Likes

Yes. It works.
T+A has worked hard and over their weekend on behalf of T+A costumers.
So a big thanks to you all and thank you Larry who take so good care of us all.
T+A is indeed a very good brand ran by serious and very competent people.
Best regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.