Roon Ready Sonic Orbiter Doesn't appear as a Zone

Need some help with Roon/roonready Loaded airplay on the SOSE and this works with Roon and the SOSE, but RoonReady SOSE can’t be found…

Hey @Gocubs42 – sorry for the slow response here. As @Sloop_John_B mentioned, this is usually pretty straight forward so something else is going on here. Can you give me a little more information about how your network is set up? I know you said everything is on the same network, but can you give me the topology?

Is everything wireless? Wired? Switches? What kind of router? The more details the better :smile:

Also, on the iMac (which I believe is running as your Roon Core), any chance there’s a firewall involved, or anything else that’s not standard, like a VPN?

And to be clear, you’re running Squeezelite on the same iMac?

Everything is ethernet, FIOS router. iMac with roon installed using iPad Air. This all worked about a month ago during my 2 wk. trial. I purchased yesterday. When I did an update took place and here I am. By the way lms/squeeze lite is on the iMac and plays great when I switch to squeeze lite on rhe SOSE. When I switch to AirPlay on the SOSE roon sees SOSE/AirPlay but no music.

And firewall is turned off in the imac

Hey @Gocubs42 – can you double check in Roon under Settings > About and confirm Roon’s version? I want to make sure your remote and Core are fully updated?

Just let me know what versions you’re seeing there, and we’ll go from there. Sorry for the trouble!

Hey @Gocubs42 – I just sent you a PM with instructions for uploading some logs to us. Let me know when you’ve sent them and we’ll take a look.

Thanks!

I don’t see the PM for the instructions to send log info…help

Check to see if I did it right …on sending you information

Hey @Gocubs42 – not seeing anything yet. You copied that ID into the Support ID field in Roon, and hit send? You should get a message saying you’ve sent them successfully.

never received an id

You need to click your avatar in the top-right, then click the little envelope to see the private message I sent you with the ID.

Let me know if you don’t see it @Gocubs42!