Roon refuses connection + high CPU when laptop screen is off

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, 1909. Lenovo laptop with 500gb ssd, newest roon build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi connection - problem also there with ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SOtM sMS-200 as roon end point, iPad/iPhone as remote

Description Of Issue

I have a problem previously described in another thread but now I attempt again (having purchased a full year license. The other thread:

I run Roon Core on my laptop. The full version, not the server version (because strangely enough, I think that the full version sounds better, more dynamic, more open, more bas impact than the server version…).

The problem is that when the laptop turns off the screen due to energy settings, Roon refuses connections from the remote. In addition, the CPU usage of laptop increases dramatically (to a full 100% core of the dual core laptop, so 50% overall).

Music continues to play, following the playlist. But the laptop heats up and starts the fan due to the high cpu load.

Other music players like foobar or JRiver works fine so this is not an issue with the laptop turning off remote connections.

This is VERY annoying as I have to turn off energy setting for music listening.

As per the other thread, I’ve tried both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version (something related intel display driver) and the problem is there with both.

However, it is not there with the pure server version! This would be great if the server version then sounded as good as the full version but is strangely enough does not in my system - the sound is softer and with less impact/leading edges using the server version.

To me, this seems as a bug in the frontend application of Roon.

Any advice to solve the problem?

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon core high cpu when laptop screen is off