Roon regularly stops during playback - MacOS + Rock

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK OS Version 1.0 (build 186) stable
ROCK Server Version 1.7 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Unifi EdgeRouter X + Unifi Switch + wired ethernet to 2019 Macbook Pro

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Playback via 2019 Macbook Pro using MacOS client (1.7 build 537) connected by USB to Schiit USB DAC / Headphone Amp

(Playback via iPhone 11 Pro + Roon iOS app + USB to Schiit USB DAC / Headphone Amp does not have the same problem)

Description Of Issue

About once every 10 tracks playback stops and the connection to the Core is lost.

Have you replaced the usb and network cables? Seeing as WiFi connection works possibly a dodgy cable or connection?

Hi @David_Brittain,

Since we know that this only happens when playing to the Schiit, let’s focus on that.

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup for this device as well as a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing to it?

Thanks!

The Schiit is used in both the iPhone and macOS paths and the USB cable too. So, I suspect this is a macOS issue. I am not 100% sure but I think this started after updating to Catalina. So attaching the details for macOS here…

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 10.12.21 AM

Here are the requested screens…

Hi @David_Brittain,

Thanks for the screenshots! Everything looks okay so far, so I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs along with what track the error occurred on? Then respond here with that time and track, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Via Tidal… Artist: Jess Williamson, Album: Sorceress, Track: As The Birds Are
Time approx 8:42am PST

I did a clean install of macos at the weekend and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Hi @David_Brittain,

I appreciate the update here — If you see any issues return please do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.