Roon Remote 1.8.00763 crashes, 1.8.00764 still as well

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Unusable for me on both iPhone running iOS 14.0 and iPad running iPad OS 14.1.

Deleted and reinstalled 1.8.00764 on both. Rebooted core, both iOS devices and I canā€™t even get past the first set up screen. There is an update for both devices - I will try installing and then trying again. Frustrating.

2 Likes

I just updated my iPhone 11 to the latest version of Roon Remote.

Crashes faster than the previous oneā€¦!

Well, I updated Roon to the latest build and now itā€™s stable it seems. Very strange indeed.

On my IPad version 14.4.1 5gen itā€™s now crashing whenever a scroll dow a menu.
It started on version 778
Not cool.

1 Like

My iPhone Remote is now stable. I didnā€™t do anything so it must have been a software update overnight or something.

Spoke too soon.

Stable for 48 hours then back to crashing.

Is this the correct thread to be tracking this issue? Iā€™m in the same boat. Never had issues before.

I raised this issue before multiple times: I have been using Roon since the launch of v1.8.

I run a Rock Core on NUC i5, so should be performing pretty well

Basically:

• Not a single issue on my mac. Loads immediately.

• Perfect on my iPad pro. Loads quickly and itā€™s stable

• Itā€™s always been literally a DISASTER on my iPhone11 Pro Max: it crashes randomly, canā€™t find the core, have had to reinstall multiple times: nothing, zero, nada, nulla. And no feedback from support. Just ā€œwe are investigatingā€. For months.

Roon is a fairly expensive software, running on expensive gear that should drive also ULTRA expensive machines. But itā€™s painful. Potentially great, but let down by poor development and support.

A round of applauses for Roon.

1 Like

Mine was stable for a while but now wonā€™t remain open for more than 30 seconds on my iPhone 11.

1 Like

having similar issues with 1.8.795 on a Macbook Air running Big Sur.

I think that unfortunately there is a grain of truth to the fact that Roon is struggling to keep the software stable and that their support is challenged to keep up. But as a lawyer that serves many tech companies, I will point out that there is a huge shortage of tach talent right now. Roon is probably desperate to find staff just like everyone else. This really isnā€™t different than gas or toilet paper shortages coming out of a really weird time in the world.

However, given what Roon costs, I also think itā€™s fair to keep the drum beat going, encouraging Roon to get the software working for all.

1 Like