Roon Remote 1.8 can't connect to Core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Server v1.8 build 756 on a headless MacMini 2012 with Mojave (OS 10.14.6); i7 quad core x 2.3 GHz with 16GB RAM and Samsung SSD. Library is on a Synology NAS, and everything is hardwired. This is a dedicated system, running only: OSX, RoonServer, and a backup program for the NAS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Asus ZenWiFi XT8 2.4Ghz-AX mesh. MacMini and NAS are hardwired CAT 5e direct to router with static IP addresses reserved at router. Remote controller is iPad 5thGen or MacBookAir via wifi. Internet service is Cox “Gigablast”. Modem is Arris DOCSIS 3.1.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonore MicroRendu 1.4v2.8 Ethernet streamer connected to DAC in main system via USB. Sometimes I listen remotely on iPad or MacBook Air with headphones.

Description Of Issue
For the record I’m adding my post to the many who are having the same problem with iOS devices unable to connect to Roon Core after updating to Roon Remote 1.8. Tried all the suggested adjustments with no success. It works fine via wifi from my MacBookAir and via wired connection from MacMini desktop. iPhone 6s and iPad 5th Gen running iOS 14.4.

I’m being patiently hopeful the Roonies will solve it soon.
Lifetime subscriber since 2015 with no regrets.

I appear to be having a similar issue.
Core machine is on a headless MacMini 2021(M1) with Big Sur (OS 11.2). Roon 1.8 is working and when I go into settings (General) Roon core is correctly identified on the MacMini. Remotes can connect and find the Roon core. But when I attempt to configure the core, Roon fails to find it. I’ve tried this directly on the MacMini and using the remotes (IPad and iPhone and iMac) with the same result. The core is correctly identified but I’m unable to configure Roon. Selecting “Setup” then “Configure”, Roon goes off searching for the core but doesn’t find it and will continue to search with no timeout.

Hello @tLea ,

Can you please check your iOS permissions?

Let me know if that helps!

1 Like

Any update to this? I have the same problem (Synology NAS installation and can’t access OS Core).
Neither through iOS ROON Remote, nor through the latest Mac App
Running Roon 1.8

Hi @Joerg_Pietzsch ,

Do you by any chance have Open vSwitch turned on in your Synology settings?
This setting has caused connectivity issues in the past with remotes.

A post was split to a new topic: SonicTransporter i9 Question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.