Roon remote (Android) loses connection to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel i7-4770k
Win 10
Roon 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Netgear Orbi RBR 50

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef ls50w connected with USB to Macbook air.

Description Of Issue

When i am listening to music and use my mobile phone as remote it works perfectly when i am starting it up. But if i exit the roon remote on my phone and try to open the app again, it is stuck on “remote connection - waiting for remote core”. (usually it works normally for approx 10 min, but after i while if i exit the remote on the phone its stuck.)

To fix this, i have to go to my computer and restart Roon core, then i get back in with my phone.

I previously had a Samsung Note 8 that worked perfectly with Roon. I could exit and restart the app without issue.

After i changed to a Oneplus 8 pro some weeks ago the issue started happening.
So i guess the issue is with the phone, but not 100% sure.

Anyone have experience with this, or have a solution it is highly appreciated.

Thanks for all help.

/Morten

Make sue the Roon remote and core are on the same subnet.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.
As far as i can see they are both in the same subnet.

Hi @Highfive_83,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please confirm this option in your router configuration? It has helped with similar symptoms in the past Networking Best Practices Guide:

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

1 Like

Hello Noris.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
I have tried your solution this evening, and it have worked perfectly so far.

I am extremely happy now, as i use Roon a lot and it have been so frustrating.

Thank for your help, highly appreciated!

Best regards
Morten

1 Like

Happy to help, @Highfive_83!
Do let us know if you ever need further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.