Roon Remote App for latest Apple TV

Hi, does anyone know if there are plans to make the Roon iOS remote available for the new Apple TV, this would be a great interface to have Roon on a 65 inch screen which everyone can see instead of a small personal device such as an iPad.

26 Likes

+1 for Roon on (tvOS) Apple TV 4.

3 Likes

+1 for Roon on Apple TV 4

1 Like

For me basic functionality would be more than enough, with that I mean playback and limited functionality. (No library management)

2 Likes

I’d like this too.

1 Like

count me in

1 Like

it would be awesome to have a remote app on the apple tv … even if it’s not the apple tv itself that produce the music.

2 Likes

is there any plan to port the ipad remote app on the apple tv 4 ?

3 Likes

Would love to see this like all the others that have commented.

I dont see any response from Roon.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

+1. Any update on the potential?

2 Likes

I also would love to be able to control Roon through the apple tv and display Roon in full screen on the TV.
It would be interesting to know if this capability is in the roadmap of Roon’s development group.

3 Likes

Would just like to add a +1 for this, just the basic remote capability would be great.

2 Likes

Hope a Roon app for apple TV could be developed. Even if only in a limited capacity with a display mode.

2 Likes

Meee Toooo i would like as player or just interface.

1 Like

Given that Roon’s raison d’être is to bring enjoyment back to the process of choosing music, it seems like a no brainer to put the beautiful GUI on to the biggest screens possible. I wholeheartedly support this and in fact created an approximation by mirroring my iMAC desktop on to my 65" smart tv. The problem is that the resolution is not correct and you still have to point the mouse to the computer to select anything. With a bit of juggling there are workarounds, but a Roon native solution is what we need.

I am surprised that no one from the company has commented on this feature request so far.

I echo everyone’s comments. App on Apple TV or a channel on Roku 4 would be great.

Maybe no comment is the comment from Roon HQ :frowning:

The Roon guys may or may not comment on Feature Requests, but you can be assured that they see them and take them seriously.

Cheers, Greg

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:+1

If not Apple TV, then is there any way to bring Roon up on a TV?

Amazon Fire TV, Xbox One, Playstation, Roku or anything else…