Roon Remote App for latest Apple TV

Room remote for Apple TV - yes please!

2 Likes

Adding my enthusiastic request for a Roon app for Apple TV

1 Like

Even a “Roon Display” app, would be better than nothing.

1 Like

Adding support for Apple TV App or at a minimum, a Display/Remote option while playing through a Roon Endpoint.

2 Likes

Me too then I can Zwift @ 4K video and Roon too

1 Like

Apple TV as a display is the way forward, having music played through the Apple TV is not great as it does not support higher res music. An app for this would be great, but there is a workaround for those who don’t mind a little bit of tinkering…

3 Likes

Me to. Add me to the request list.

It would be great if it played to Amazon Fire cube as well.

1 Like

count me in

1 Like

+1
Bring it on please!

1 Like

+1 from me as well

1 Like

+1 not necessary since you can stream to them with the remote clients anyway, but it’d be nice to control everything from the TV for sure.

A Roon interface for Apple TV would be ideal – a remote interface. I want it using my hifi streamer as the end point but for album art, and control from the TV screen via appleTV. Please develop this. I’m a 14 day trial subscriber. If this feature existed it would certainly be a +1 for keeping Roon longterm.

+1 that would be amazing

That already exists…AppleTv extension…you have more info in the forums and app on Apple TV… :wink:

2 Likes

Will check out the other areas of the forum. I don’t see any official app released by Roon for AppleTV but maybe it’s a geographic issue and not available in my country.

It is available via AppleTV apps… still have to figure out whether it is any good. Cannot seem to get access to my library through the app so then it is a bit useless… But I see what is playing and can select the next/previous song and even volume

Updated with library browsing :wink:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Apple TV Extension - Roon TV Remote

Is there a way to display the audio format/source in the AppleTV app? This is great, I love that I can see what is playing but have Roon streaming direct to my hifi, not going through the TV at all. Well done on the app design. Nice and clean.

1 Like

Thanks @Vinyl_TO, unfortunately the audio format/source isn’t a featured in the API.