Sonictransporter

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Sonictransporter hardwired into router. Remote app on phone and laptop wireless

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast audio devices plus microrendu

Library Size

Not sure as cannot access roon data

Description of Issue

Worked fine after sw update. Didn’t use for a couple of days. Now roon remote app will not access roon. Doesn’t do anything, just the emblem displayed. Reinstalled roon remote app. It identified the sonictransporter as roon core. Said connect, and it never did. I can “see” the sonictransporter on my network, both via file explorer, and via web browser, but cannot get roon to operate. Nothing changed, to my knowledge in two days between working fine and not working. I can run roon diagostics from sonictransporter web browser view but do not understand it.

Hello @tim_gillion,

I’m so sorry about the trouble with the Roon Remote and for the delay in getting back to you :pensive:

Could you please let us know on what device are you experiencing this connectivity issue? Can you please make sure that both your Roon Core and the device running Roon Remote are running the same (and latest) version of Roon?

I too am experiencing the same issue. My problem started July 22. As the router that has faithfully ran Roon for the last year is (was) an Apple Time Capsule. After reading some troubleshooting and noting Apple network gear has caused conflicts with Roon, I chalked it up to this and just replaced with a new router.

Current configuration:
Roon Core - Sonictransporter, hard-wired ethernet connection

Cable Modem - Netgear CM 500V, hard-wired ethernet connection

Router (new) - Netgear AX1600, hard-wired ethernet connection

Roon Remotes - Mac Mini 2018 OS 12.5.1, iPad Pro iOS 15.6.1, iPhone 8S iOS 15.6.1

Network Switch - Cisco CBS110-24T, unmanaged, hard-wired ethernet connection

Remote Player - Sonore Signature Rendu SE connected to Cisco switch via Optical port to port
with UltraDigital USB to SPDIF converter in-line between player and DAC.

Library Size - 451G

Roon Build - Server version 1.8 (build 1021) stable, Roon database size 492M

I have confirmed internet connection via cable modem to router are working without issue. The Sonictransporter, Mac Mini and Cisco switch occupy the ethernet hard wire ports on the router. All equipment is confirmed to be on the same network. I can see the Roon core in Finder and can see the files on the hard drive. I can access limited data from the transporter and player via sonictransporter app.

I have systematically rebooted each piece of equipment in-line several times without any success.

Information on support page is limited, all troubleshooting steps followed and confirmed all good.

Very frustrating I am unable to speak to a technician for troubleshooting support. Please help asap.

Hi Brian,

Which device are you using as Roon Remote? I can take a look at diagnostics and see if there’s anything that’s obvious.

Thanks,
Wes

Wes,

Thank you for the reply. I am using a SGC sonicTransporter i5 as the core.

Andrew at SGC was very helpful today and has me reconnected. Lost all my history but at least I am running again.

Have a great afternoon.

Brian

Hi @Brian_Clark,

Andrew is indeed helpful. I’m sorry you lost your history but am glad you’re back to enjoying the music.

Take care,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.