Roon remote auto pause randomly at version 1.7 (build 511)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon ROCK with Operating System version 1.0 (build 183) stable, Roon Server Software version 1.7 (build 511) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NetGear Nighthawk x6

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Unity Nova, connect to Roon ROCK via LAN cable

Description Of Issue

Roon Remote running on Windows 10 version 1903, even minimized it to taskbar, it auto pauses randomly or when windows has notification or when take a screenshot via software like ShareX. It worked perfectly yesterday but today after update to latest version. Please take a look. Thanks.

Hi @Trang_Le,

Welcome to the forum! Does this behavior occur only for you Nova zone or do you see it occur regardless of which zone is selected?

Do you have any other Roon Remotes/Clients you can try using? Do they display the same behavior?

I try Roon Remote on iPhone today, it works smoothly. So it only happens on Windows machine. Is there a way to disable Roon hotkeys?

Hi @Trang_Le,

There’s no way to disable the Roon shortcut keys.

This is strange, you are saying that Roon pauses the Naim Unity Nova, correct? The Windows “System Output” is not used here?

Are there any error messages displayed in Roon when this happens? Are you certain that the music is actually paused and it’s not an issue with dropouts?

I would also reboot both your ROCK and Windows Client just to see if that changed anything.

Finally i found the issue. It’s because PC’s audio device auto connect to Naim Nova via bluetooth (i paired them before) so whenever there’s popup sound from Windows, Nova will priority bluetooth hence Roon will be paused. Problem solved! Thanks @noris. Happy new year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Trang_Le,

Glad to hear you located the issue, Happy New Year to you as well!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.