Roon Remote Cannot Find Nucleus+

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus+ (purchased two days ago from Roon dealer)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cisco SG300-28 managed switch; Luxul XWR-3150V1. The Nucleus+ connects to the Cisco, which connects to the Luxul.

Description Of Issue

I just purchased a new Roon Nucleus+ and have done the following:

1. I have connected the Nucleus+ to my Cisco SG300-28 managed switch using a new Wireworld CAT8 ethernet cable. That connection is active, as the green LED slowly flickers.
  2. I downloaded the Roon Remote app for iOS onto my new iPad (6th Generation), running iOS 12.2. I had already purchased a lifetime subscription to Roon through the dealer (Audio Visual Solutions – Las Vegas) who sold me the Nucleus+.
  3. My iPAD is looking for my Roon Core, which I assume is the Nucleus+. It cannot find the Nucleus+, even after searching for more than 10 minutes.

My router is a Luxul XWR-3150V1. It operates with the current firmware. Its DHCP client list does not show the Nucleus+ as a host device on the list. The iPad is listed. I have a Lumin T2 music streamer/DAC which is also listed; its installation went smoothly, it is controlled by the same iPad and works perfectly,

What do I need to do to get my Nucleus+ as a listed host device on my network?

Silly thing to miss but you wouldn’t be the first…have you turned it on at the switch at the back! The lan leds will flash even if it’s off.

1 Like

The man behind the curtain had a brilliant suggestion! In fact, the power was NOT on. Now, the Nucleus+ is on the network. However, the required software update (1.6 build 416) has frozen during the download when it was about 15% completed.

How can I get the 1.6 version to complete the download?

Ok I think it’s worth flagging one of the roon @support team here for some additional assistance. Hang in there.

As a matter of interest is your nucleus supplier also in the loop?

By reinstalling Roon Ready and restarting everything I was able to complete the install. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Good stuff…support might still want some details so you might get a ping from them.

Hi @Jonathan_Meyers,

Glad to know that things are up and running for you now! Thanks @wizardofoz of helping out here!

Reinstalling from the Web UI is another way to get things updated, so it sounds like once you were updated things were working okay for you.

If you have any other issues with the setup here please let us know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.