Roon remote cant connect to wifi over coax

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
PC for the core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Google audio as a steamer.

Description Of Issue
I download the core and connect to my phone no problem, but when I moved my extension wifi from ethernet to coax my phone could not find the core although internet connection was fine.

Hi @Shlomo_Drechsler,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you please provide some more details on what you mean by moving from WiFi to Coax? What is the model/manufacturer of your router and other networking gear?

Have you ensured that the Roon Core and the phone are on the same network subnet (same IP range except the last 3 digits)?

i have a verizon fios gig service in my music room i can connect the fios extension to either ethernet or coax . at first i connect the fios extender to ethernet but sunce my coax connection is close to my stereo rack i moved the wifi extender and connect it to the coax outlet wifi was fine signal strength and spped was good but my phone could not find the core. after moving back the extender to the ethernet outlet my phone find the core immediately
Shlomo

Hi @Shlomo_Drechsler,

It sounds like the extender is actually acting as a Modem in this case when connecting via Coax.

I would check to make sure your have only one “router” in your setup handing out IP addresses, and that any extender is configured as an “access point” and not a modem/router.

If the setup works via Ethernet, I suggest you leave it connected in that way. In situations like yours sometimes a set of MoCA adapters can help, as this allows Ethernet over Coax.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.