Roon Remote Connection failed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Xeon 2124G Running Windows Server 2019 Data Center GUI

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquity Edge X Firewak and Ubiquity AC PRO Access point

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Directstream DAC via USB

Description Of Issue

when i open the Roon Remote on my android phone It tries to connect. It lists the correct IP address but it won’t complete the connection it keeps trying and then says connect failed.

Hi @George_Douglas,

Can you please confirm that this behavior is the same for multiple Roon Remotes?
If you try using an iOS or another PC as the remote, do you experience the same issue?

I would also check the firewall here by using these instructions and make sure that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions, Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe can be found by navigating to the Database Location/Application path.

Please let me know if that helps!

– Noris

yes the issue is the same on Android and ios devices. The Firewall in windows is turned off.

I use an Ubiquiti Edge Router X and AC Pro Access Point for wireless.

Can the the software .exe files be added to the actual Edge Router X

Hi @George_Douglas,

The .exe files can’t be added to the router itself as far as I am aware. Are you perhaps running any other firewall or antivirus software on that machine?

We have also had one report that there is a conflict in Windows Server boxes when using Roon with “teredo tunneling pseudo interface”. This is mentioned in our Networking Best Practices guide, but might be worth looking into further.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.