Roon Remote connection failure

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell 64 bit Desktop Computer Running Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Updated with patches)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT Hub 5 connected to Netgear gigabit switch on CAT 6…Network linked Via CAT6 to 4
Apple Exstreme access points for WI FI (BT Hub WIFI turned off)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn Klimax and Linn Acurate DS streamers around the house x 8 all connected via CAT 6

Description Of Issue
@support
I am running the Roon core no problem on my desktop PC, but I cannot connect my Roon remote device Software. My Iphone X is running the Roon app but cannot connect to the core. It finds the PC and core no problem, but will not connect (Connection fail) I have read in your small print that Roon should not be connected to WI FI via an apple Exstreme. Is this correct as my entire wifi network is run on apple extreme. Please advise as I am about to purchase a Nucleus + and don’t want to do this if there is an issue with WI/FI access points.The Core is switched to receive remote commands and the PC is allowing access from the network. …
Many thanks for your help
Mark

Hi @Mark_Wallace,

As noted in our Networking Guide, we generally recommend against Apple networking products as we’ve seen reports of networking issues when these products are in use. With that in mind, it’s hard to say if the Apple hardware is the root cause of the behavior you’re seeing, so some additional troubleshooting should provide more insight here.

What is the model of switch in use here? Is it a managed switch? Where is the Core machine connected (one of the Apple devices or the switch)?

Are the Apple devices in bridge mode or are they all acting as routers? Are all of your devices on the same subnet?

Are any other remote devices able to connect to the Core machine?

Any firewall turned on…Antivirus etc blocking?

1 Like

Yes, I do have ESET anti Virus on the Roon Core machine, but I have allowed Roon through the firewall. That said I have just checked and it would appear that the ESET had blocked Roon in the past, so is still not letting it through. I have now Unblocked and all working! Thanks for the prompt…Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks Dylan
It was a fire wall issue with ESET. Have now sorted! Just to follow up on the Apple W/FII access points on the network. Do you know what specifically is the issue with these as all now appears to be working fine.? Thanks again for your help
Mark

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.