Roon Remote Connection Issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 (latest build)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Server via Ethernet to BT Wifi to Remote (Android)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB to DAC

Description Of Issue

Very often I can not connect to the Roon server via Remote on Android device. I think this is since the latest update. I’ve noticed that if I switch off ‘allow remote connections’ on the server, and then switch it back on, they connect. Then after a few minutes they disconnect again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Hello @Daniel_Flashman,

Welcome to the forum! Can you please confirm if this issue only occurs from the Android remote, or does it occur from other Roon Remotes as well?

If you try to click on the “Help” button that appears after sitting on the “Choose your Core” screen for a few min, and try typing in the IP address of the Core or the Multicast IP of 255.255.255.255, does that allow re-connection?

Thank you for getting back to me.

I only seem to get this issue with Android devices - it works fine through my laptop on the same network.

I tried changing the IP to 255.255.255.255 as you suggested, but that did not seem to solve the problem.

Thanks!

Hi @Daniel_Flashman.

Can you please check your Windows Firewall exceptions? I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Thank you so much - I think that has fixed it!!

Weird that it worked fine before, I guess maybe the firewall exception got removed during an update or something - anyway, all working now. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi @Daniel_Flashman,

Happy to hear that my suggestion resolved the issue for you!
Do let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the future!
Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.