Roon Remote constantly crashing on iPhone 8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC i7, Ubuntu Server 20.04, Roon 1.7 (610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

AVM FritzBox 7490, WiFi for iPhone, LAN for Core

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

3x SONOS Play:3
1x SONOS Port

Description Of Issue

The iOS App is constantly crashing on my iPhone. At first I thought it was only happening when I scroll though my collection (Album view, bookmark with filters on Genres, Tags). But as I wanted to look at the system info to write this post, the app crashed twice (doing nothing but looking at the system info!)

The device is an iPhone 8 64GB with iOS 13.6.

I also noticed that the device is getting warm around the camera - I don’t know what system part of the iPhone is located there (CPU?).

On my old iPad Mini with iOS 12.4.5 I have no problems at all.

I have 11 days left on my trial and until now all looked perfect with Roon. Please help me to solve this.

delete the app on the iphone ,restart the iphone. Reinstall the roon app .

2 Likes

As a software developer I smiled at this “have you tried turning it on and off again” answer but tried it nonetheless.

I tested for some minutes now and it really does seem that it helped!

If the crashing will start again I will post it here.

Thanks
Stephan

2 Likes

I have an iphone xs max and since the last Roon update the app has been hanging and has been much slower than normal. I reinstalled the app and now its back to normal. Fast.

That’s why I suggested it.

1 Like

Hi @Stephan_Lachmuth,

Thanks for letting us know that the Roon app reinstall resolved this issue!
If you run into any other difficulties, just let us know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.