Roon Remote Core Not Recognized

First time this has happened - good the night before, next day, nothing. I have a sonicorbiter and microrendu and the network suddenly will not recognize the sonicorbiter which has the roon core on it. I am not a techie, so my efforts to solve were as follows: reboot/unplug sonicorbiter, replug in ethernet to sonicorbiter, replug ethernet connectkon to house wifi, etc. I cannot get the system to find the roon core. is this an issue with the core box, roon, other? again 1st time in 2 yrs or so this has happened so any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @Alex_Boyd!

To start, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is this happening with all remote devices, or just one specific remote?

Regards,
Dylan

Thx for the reply and I’ll do my best. Forgive the lack to technical know-how.

Music on hard drive to SonicTransporter i5 to microrendu to Benchmark DAC2 to Vincent Pre and Power Amps to Goldenear Triton Ones.

Ethernet out from sonictransporter out to an 8-bay switch, which is then routed out to a Google wifi three pack. all systems in the house are working fine - i can “see” the microrendu" on the network but not the sonictransporter…Roon core is on sonictransporter - the sonictransporter cannot be found on the network. I have unplugged and replugged almost every item in the ethernet mix (Iboth power and ethernet) to reboot both nothing.

this setup has been in operation for a few years. I have a tablet that i use to control Roon - it simply can’t locate the roon core…this is kind of a crude review of the system done by memory because I am at work. But does this help at all?

Thanks for the details, @Alex_Boyd!

Were you able to see the SonicTransporter over the network previously? If you use the IP address are you able to connect? Are you able to connect to the web interface of the SonicTransporter?

-Dylan

i;ve always been able to see it on the networ, then 2 days ago, it disappeared. i cannot see the sonictransport on the web interface. not sure how to use the IP address to find it???

Thanks for the update, @Alex_Boyd.

It sounds like the device might not be connecting to the network. Do you have a different Ethernet cable you could try using?

cable is routed through the floor to basement - could be done but is a major production to do so. will do this as last result but was hoping to avoid this…

Understood, @Alex_Boyd.

As an alternative test, could you temporarily move the SonicTransporter closer to the router and use a shorter Ethernet cable as a test? This would confirm whether or not the cable is the issue here before having to do any work to run one.

Thanks,
Dylan

3 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot connect from a iPhone Roon to my Sonicorbiter core