Mac Mini (late 2014), 3 GHz Core i7, 16 GiB RAM, OS X 10.12.6 Sierra
Devialet 1000 Pro, wired Ethernet to core
Roon Core and Roon Remote are up to date (build 884).
I’m running Roon Remote on several devices including a Mac (macOS 10.15.7 Catalina), an Android pad and an iPhone.
I was listening to an album and used Roon Remote to edit the album to disable multi-part grouping, as it was mangling the track titles. If it matters, the album in question was Carlos Seixas - Sonatas by Rebeca Oliveira (on Qobuz). As soon as I made that selection, Roon Remote exited on the Mac.
If I try to start Roon Remote again on the Mac, it exits immediately.
Furthermore, Roon Remote on the Android device, which happened to have the same audio zone selected, will no longer connect to the core (I just see the pulsating Roon logo on a white background - there’s no text or core selection option).
I tried stopping and re-starting the Core, but this hasn’t changed the behaviour.
Fortunately, I was able to use Roon Remote on the iPhone to connect to the core and clear the queue, after which Roon Remote on the Mac and Android devices worked normally. I have also been able to play the album again without problems, and now showing the correct track titles.
I think I was lucky that the iOS device was able to talk to the core, otherwise I would have been completely stuck.
Reporting this in case it’s evidence of a defect that needs to be fixed.