Roon Remote crashes on iPhone XS iOS 14.01

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC7I3BNH 2.5IN
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
System Status
Serial #F44D306C8DE1

Wired.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Main listening: Meridian G series.
Kitchen: RPi ropieee v 2.596

Description Of Issue

Roon Remote v 1.7.00610 running on iPhone XS iOS 14.0.1 repeatedly crashes every time the application is run. It loads OK. As soon as the screens are navigated it crashes.

These crashes are recent (possibly only after a recent iOS update) and do not occur on my iPad Air iOS 12.4.8.

I have re-installed Roon Remote to no effect.

Hi @Powered_Two_Wheeler,

Does the crash only happen on one specific screen, album or artist?

Is there any change in behavior if you uninstall the Roon app, reboot the iPhone and then reinstall?

Noris
Thank you for your timely response.
It crashes on any screen. For example, yesterday I was selecting a zone and the application just crashed.
I will uninstall again and this time, as suggested, reboot after a reinstall.
Expect a progress report within 12 hours.
Incidentally this issue is most strange as the iPhone is not subject to heavy use and consequently does not have numerous apps. installed.
Finally, my iPad Air under iOS 12.4.8 is absolutely fine.
I should add that I’m perfectly willing to wait for the next iOS release if the recommended steps do not resolve the issue.

Fixed!!
Restart after re-install = testing OK.
Computers Hah!
Thanx.

1 Like

Hi @Powered_Two_Wheeler,

Thanks for letting us know you were able to sort this issue out, if it re-occurs just let us know and we can take another look!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.