Roon Remote crashes repeatedly on iPhone 8 with iOS 14.4

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini running latest OS and Roon server the MacMini has 16 GB.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi router is an AMPLIFI running firmware version 3.4.2. MacMini is hardwired. iPhone is on 5 gHz

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacMini via USB to McIntosh C47.

Description Of Issue

Roon remote seems stable if it’s just displaying info. But when I stake any action — such as selecting an album or song to play or just scrolling through a list — the app crashes. To navigate to a song I want it to play I usually have to relaunch the app three times.

I have already tried uninstalling, restarting my phone, and reinstalling. The app was most stable for a short while and now is back to crashing repeatedly. For context I have 7,686 tracks. Tidal is enabled but I really haven’t added many albums from the service to my library and the crash occurs even when I’m not browsing Tidal.

The problem started several weeks ago.

You can start with the fact that a Mac Mini doesn’t run iOS… and there’s no iOS version 14.4 yet. So don’t use beta versions?

That was just a typo. I corrected it thanks for the cash

Hi @scott_powell,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date of the next issue on your iPhone?

I’ve just enabled diagnostics mode for it, and what this will hopefully do is upload a log set to our servers next time the Roon app is active on the iPhone.

Hi Noris

8:44 AM PT I launched the app and it crashed. I loaded Roon remote again and it crashed at 8:45 PT. The date is Dec 22, 2020.

Let me know what else I can do to help debug this.

Thank you for your support.
Scott

1 Like

Hi @scott_powell,

Thanks for the timestamp, it looks like a log set from your phone arrived, let me get these over to the tech team for further reivew.

Do you by any chance have the ability to try the 2.4 Ghz connection with your iPhone? I
wonder if the behavior reproduces on a different band as well.

I have the same issue, @noris. How can I help diagnose? iOS 14.4, iPhone XS.

Hi @Omar_Ghaffar,

Can you please try to uninstall the app, reboot the iOS device and then re-install the Roon app? Does that help resolve the issue?

The new 1.8 release seems to have fixed this problem. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.