Steps to reproduce issue:

Go to albums page
Tap the filter
Type an album
Tap on album
Play now
Back to albums page
Tap to filter / little x

The app will lock up, then go black and won’t do anything until you swipe to close.

Using android because iOS is so unstable for me, this is pretty annoying.

Added bonus, if you don’t swipe to close, the app turns my phone into a burning inferno.

Oh my, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this @crowlem! This is not something that we take lightly - we absolutely want to look into this for you.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue given your instructions (which, thank you so much for sharing those with us!)

Can I ask about the model/manufacturer of the phone you have that experiences this issue?

Can you please once again reproduce the issue, note the date and time of when this happens and let us know here? After you let us know of when this happened, we’ll compare and review the logs to see if we’re able to determine more about this issue.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I have the Sony Xperia 1 iii, Android 12.

Just got it to crash right now for you guys, 00:22 GMT.

Thanks for sharing, @crowlem :pray:t3:

Now that you were able to provide us with the timestamp, we’ll ask that you use the Roon application on the Android device once again. Please let me know after you’ve used the application so that we can take a look at the logs.

Sometimes, it takes a minute for the logs to reach our servers, so this will be the best way to get them to us. Thank you!

Done, let me know what you find :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, thank you! We just received them, I’m going to escalate this to our technical support team so that they can have a look. We’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hi @crowlem ,

Unfortunately, there was not much crash data contained in the regular Roon logs. If you’re still seeing this on the latest Roon release, we will need to go one layer deeper and try to see if ADB logs have any clues, this process is a bit more manual, but I will provide instructions below:

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.