Roon Remote Crashing

Hi @noris ,

I’m having an identical problem - but unfortunately my Core keeps crashing before my Remote has a chance to clear the queue. Tried to find a solution for days, but it appears my Core is completely non-functional. Will send you my log files via the same link. Thanks

Hi @Clay_Russell ,

In the logs you sent, it looks like your Roon Remote is crashing due to a Now Playing UI error, do you have any backups of your Roon database? The quickest way to resolve this would be to reinstall Roon and restore from backup, you can use the below instructions to do so:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Restore from backup

If that does not resolve the issue, can you please provide the below details regarding your setup?

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Let me know if this helps!

Excellent - thanks @noris. That has resolved the issue. Should I attempt to make the same edit (disable multi-part composition) - or wait until the bug is fixed in a future update?

1 Like

Hi @Clay_Russell ,

Glad to hear that my suggestion has resolved this behavior on your end!

Yes, I would hold off on making the same edit until the ticket is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.