Roon remote 'device in use'

@support

My setup is as follows: A windows 10 PC with Roon software; Synology NAS with music files; Devialet 130 pro amplifier and an android phone (Oneplus one) with Roon remote software.
The problem is that the remote software does not work. I can play music directly from the PC, but everytime I try to use Roon remote on my mobile phone, the music stops and an error occurs saying ‘device in use’. When I disconnect the wifi on the telephone, I am able to use the Roon software on the PC, but when I connect the wifi the error occurs and the Roon software stops playing.

I hope you can help me solve this, because I really enjoy using the software in combination with my Devialet amp. Thank you.

Are you playing to the Devialet when using both remotes?

Any chance you have Air running elsewhere on your network, like as a driver on the Windows machine?

My setup is as follows: A windows 10 PC with Roon software; Synology NAS with music files; Devialet 130 pro amplifier and an android phone (Oneplus one) with Roon remote software.

The problem is that the remote software does not work. I can play music directly from the PC, but everytime I try to use Roon remote on my mobile phone, the music stops and an error occurs saying ‘device in use’. When I disconnect the wifi on the telephone, I am able to use the Roon software on the PC, but when I connect the wifi the error occurs and the Roon software stops playing.

I hope you can help me solve this, because I really enjoy using the software in combination with my Devialet amp. Thank you.

Hi @Gerard_de_Jong ----- Thank you for the follow up and the feedback, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you please verify that you have setup your Devialet 130 Pro according to our knowledge base, as seen here. Furthermore, also confirm that Devialet’s AIR driver is not running on any active devices in your setup.

Lastly, I would like to have you please run the following test, which will help aide in my understanding of this behavior you’re experiencing. Please see below.

• Launch Roon on your PC.

• Launch Roon on your phone (with Wifi engaged), connect to your Roon core (i.e the PC), and make sure that it is the only application running.

• Play a song to your Devialet 130 Pro via the PC.

• While the song is playing I want you to please interact with the Roon application on the Phone. Scroll through menus, browse your tracks, albums, etc.

• What observations are made?

-Eric