Roon Remote Device not visible (same broadcast network)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini (late 2014) - 8GB
MacOS 10.15.5
Roon Version - 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi
Roon Core - Mac Mini - 192.168.1.73 - 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.254
Remote Remote - iPad - 192.168.1.65 - 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.254
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPad

Description Of Issue
The Roon Client software on the iPad is capable of connecting to and streaming music from the Roon Core.

However - the iPad is not visible in any “Zone” on the Roon Core Server. Prior - it has been visible and allowed remote control of music played on IPAD.

Not aware of anything changing…

???

Hi could you double check that the iPad Zone has not reverted back to the default “Private Zone” setting.

Carl

How do I check if the iPad is in a Private Zone mode?

Under “Zones” on the iPad it does list itself along with the two remote Zones on the Mac Mini (ServerName & System Out) - but how does one determine if it is Private or Not Private?

Regards

Richard

It’s in the Device Settings page

Got it!

Yes the iPad was set to Private Zone. Now visible (again).

Question: I didn’t change this (only just realise the option exited :slight_smile: ). So did a remote Device update change the default behaviour w.r.t. Private Zone?

Thanks Both

Richard

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of, iirc Roon Zones on “personal” devices such as phones and tablets have always defaulted to private.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.