Roon Remote disconnect frequently (iOS, iPhone & iPad)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC Huawey with Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi, all devices on the same network, the same private network (192.168.1.x)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

System Output

Description Of Issue

Roon Remote app for iOS disconnects very frequently (about 10 sec), both from iPhone 11 and from iPad 2018 with iOS updated to the latest version

Hi @Roberto_Di_Costanzo,

Welcome to the forum. Can you please let me know your router model/manufacturer? Is the behavior the same if you try temporarily connecting the Windows 10 PC via Ethernet instead of WiFi?

Hi Noris,
thank you for the suggestion.
I note that this behaviour disappear if I connect PC to power supply: a very strange thing.
Furthermore, iTunes never disconnect from my library, whether the PC is connected to power supply or not.

Thanks,
Roberto

Hi @Roberto_Di_Costanzo,

How do you have your power settings configured? I would try to set max performance even when on battery power, that might help: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/use-maximum-cpu-power-windows-10

Hi Noris,
I took a cue from your suggestion to check the power settings options and I’ve changed just the option about the Wireless network card, from energy saving to max performance when on battery power and it’s working, the connection at the moment was not more lost.
So I argue that the Ronn Remote app is a little bit lazy, it doesn’t seem to keep the network connection awake, unlike iTunes which does not exhibit the same behavior.
Thank you for your support and sorry for my english if it is not so clear, I’m from Italy.
Roberto

2 Likes

Hi @Roberto_Di_Costanzo,

Glad to hear that the battery power change has helped resolve the issue! If you have any further problems, just let us know and we can take a look. Stay safe out there!

Thank you Noris, stay safe you too! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.