Networking Gear & Setup Details

ORBI Mesh on Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Music PC with Lynx Card connected to DAC via AES/ABU
Roon Remote via Wifi.

Library Size

28,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’ve been running this system for years. Always used BOTH iPad and iPhone with Roon Remote. No problems. Last week, my Roon Core froze on the PC. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. At this point, the Roon Remote from iPad failed to recognize core. So I reinstalled it. Saw it. Works great. The iPhone 12 Pro with latest software updates fails to work. The iPhone sees the Music Computer. After I accept all and select my music computer, it goes to a white screen that says Hi Greg up top, has an icon for sound in center, but is frozen. Does not respond to touch on the screen. Totally frozen. I uninstalled, and rebooted both the PC and the iPhone, reinstalled Roon Remote 4 times. Same deal. Please note, the iPad continues to function with Roon Remote no problem.
The PC and the iPhone are on the same Wifi network.

Please help!

Thanks,
Greg

Just to be clear, Roon Core on my PC + Roon Remote on iPad are working perfectly.
The only issue is the Roon Remote failing to work on iPhone 12 Pro.

Thanks in advance,
Gre

Hi @Greg_Trubowitsch, sorry for the trouble here! I enabled diagnostics on the device so we can take a closer look at what’s happening. Can you try to reboot the device and connect to Roon again? After that we’ll look at the report. Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for responding.

I first rebooted both my dedicated music PC with Roon Core and my iPhone 12.

I opened Roon Remote- it remained in the frozen Hi Greg white screen.

I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail.

Once again on the reinstallation I clicked yes to all and it recognizes my Core. Back to:

Greg

Thanks, @Greg_Trubowitsch, I’ve enabled diagnostics and I’ll keep an eye out for the report to come in. I’ll follow up when I’ve been able to review.

Dylan,
Problem resolved. don’t know what you did remotely, but thanks so much!
Greg

That’s great, @Greg_Trubowitsch! I’m glad to hear that things are working for you at the moment. If anything changes just let me know!